The vast majority of people do not want to grow old gracefully. The aging process leads to people looking older, often before their time. Two of the major signs of aging include lines and hollowed areas. In the past, people had to undergo invasive plastic surgery procedures to ensure these issues were taken care of. Today, there are injections that can help. Dermal fillers fill in lines and wrinkles and can plump up hollowed areas for a more youthful appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
Dermal filler injections are considered safe for most people. Because the active ingredient in these injections is made by the human body, most people tolerate the treatments well. The following are the most important benefits of dermal fillers.
- Dermal fillers can be used to plump up the lips and give the mouth a more youthful appearance without looking overdone.
- Filler injections can be used to reduce the appearance of scarring by plumping up the damaged area for a smoother complexion.
- Dermal fillers can be injected into areas that have hollowed out due to the aging process, such as under the eyes and in the cheek areas.
- Dermal fillers can be used to dramatically reduce lines and wrinkles, giving some of the same benefits as Botox treatments.
- Dermal filler injections contain beneficial collagen which is crucial for helping prevent premature signs of aging.
What Can Patients Expect?
The injections should not cause any major discomfort because a topical numbing agent is applied. The dermal filler is injected in small amounts to ensure it is able to plump up the area without making the results look unnatural.
It is not uncommon for individuals to experience some swelling, redness, and slight discomfort but these fade quickly. Dermal filler results will typically last six to eighteen months. This period will be determined by how quickly the body absorbs the material that has been injected.
To learn more about dermal fillers and other cosmetic procedures, search for Dr Zacharia on Facebook. He and his team can help you overcome the signs of aging so you look younger than ever before. Call today for an appointment.